Today we saw said neurologist. Still no real news; he has to do an MRI and a 24-hour EEG. If there's a lesion on his brain, a tumor, or something else like that, these procedures should catch it. But there is also a large chance that nothing will emerge, and we'll never know exactly what caused the seizure. If he has another seizure or the MRI and/or EEG turn up an abnormality, he will have to stay on the anticonvulsant -- probably for the rest of his life. If he doesn't have another seizure or nothing weird turns up, he will likely NOT have to continue on the medication.
Out follow-up appt. isn't until December 23rd, the same day as my first prenatal visit. So we have plenty of time to wait right now. This is not a good thing; we have a friend who is in the end stage of brain cancer, and the seizure raises the specter of something similar.
December is turning out to be a much more exciting month than I'd expected.
There's too much going on here right now, so I am pushing the book group discussion to January. I apologize for the inconvenience, and I understand if any of you who were initially interested in participating won't be able to do it in January. On the other hand, if any of you have thoughts on a good date in January for the discussion to commence, let me know.
I'll post here when I can; I think I especially need the outlet right now, whether it's in the form of fic or just brain-dumps. Please don't take it personally if it takes me some extra time to respond to comments, though. I'll get there, but it might take me a bit longer.
Hope you are all well. Thank you for your good thoughts. They mean a lot to me. <3